Thursday, January 5, 2012

The first day of the rest of my life: 11-20-2011

6 weeks ago, I walked down the aisle and married the love of my life. Here's that story:

I woke up that morning so ready to go. I hear so many stories of people feeling uncomfortable and not ready on their wedding day. I had absolutely no feelings of doubt. I was ready. Sierra and I were scheduled to meet our photographer at 8:45 that morning, and then be at the hair salon by 9:00. Pretty sure Sierra and I didn't leave the house until 8:45, but it was okay because we weren't the only ones running a little bit late. We then went to the hair salon where the lovely Pam Bell did my hair. She did a wonderful job.


Next we headed to Stokely event center to start setting up. The event center staff arrived late, so we were slightly worried about getting everything done. But it all worked out. Here's a picture of my dad and I taking the wrap off of the wedding arch. Pretty sure me helping do that lasted about two seconds because I was tearing up my nails.


Instead of spending money on cakes and centerpieces, we saved money by making our centerpieces cake. We put a round cake in the center of each table and then surrounded it with our engagement pictures and then scattered some Hershey's kisses. I was happy with how it all turned out. Apparently the day before the wedding, the cake people called and said they didn't make round cakes anymore, my dad let them know that they better make 16 round cakes. So they cut 16 square cakes into circles. I'm glad they didn't tell me about all that until after we got the cakes. 


Next was time to get dressed. I don't think we were planning on it taking as long as it did for us to all get ready and during this time was probably when I was most stressed. I felt really rushed and was frustrated that it was taking so long. But again, everything worked out fine and we started the wedding very close to on time. Here's my favorite getting dressed picture. The most important part of my dress to me was that it laced up. I think I only tried on one dress that didn't lace up. 

Time for the ceremony. I was sitting in the room where I got ready and someone ran up and was like it's time for you. I had no idea that the wedding had even started so this was funny to me. I had to like run down the stairs to get out the door in time. One last hug before we were out the door:



Our ceremony went perfect. Thanks to Tim and Matt for making it so special.


The first kiss. Lucas grabbed my butt. Haha.


We immediately went and signed the marriage license. We wanted it to be official as it could be haha. My sister was my witness and one of his groomsmen was his witness. 


We had so much fun at the reception. We danced.  


We ate.


We laughed till we cried. 


We toasted. 


We danced some more. 


And then we left for our honeymoon. I loved how well the bubbles work. The lack of wind that day made it perfect. 



And that was the end of my perfect wedding. Once again, I loved it. I'm enjoying very very much being married. 

-Kristina


No comments: