Monday, February 6, 2012

January

January went way to fast. I feel like I didn't have an extra moment to spare for blogging. But now I will blog over all the wonderful things that happened in January.

I started subbing. I sub almost every day and while it is not what I want to do for the rest of my life, I do actually kind of enjoy it. The kids at all the schools I sub at are starting to recognize me and say hi to me in the hallways. It's really cool to me that even as a sub I am able to build at least small relationships with the students. Because I haven't been in the same classroom twice, I am able to get lots of ideas from lots of different classrooms. It's so interesting to me to see the different ways that the teachers run their classroom and set everything up. I'm even more anxious to have my own classroom now though. So I'm really needing a job. =)

Lucas and I have made a huge effort to get involved at Sunnybrook Christian Church. I thought that it was going to be really hard for me to find a new church family and fit in but it hasn't been at all. We've joined a lifegroup, we attend the college age bible study, and we go to church Wednesday nights for the adult services. I think we are going to probably cut out the Wednesday nights because 3 nights a week is a little too much for our busy schedule. But the point is, we have been very welcomed. We placed our membership last weekend and this weekend we went on a retreat with the college age group. It was a lot of fun! We're really starting to get to know everyone. 

On January 20th, Lucas and I got to celebrate our 2 month anniversary. Sometimes it feels like so much longer than that but most of the time I'm just so surprised that we are married now. I love it so much. We have a lot of fun together I think. On the 29th we celebrated being together for 4.5 years. That's a long time!

Lucas and I have started trying to work out a lot during the week. It's so hard for us to find time. It's crazy that we're so busy when neither one of us really have full time jobs. Not cool. 

I think I hit all the important parts of January. I'll try to not wait so long before the next post. 

-Kristina

No comments: