Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Festivity

Recently I've been purchasing small, and I emphasize small, decorations that go with the season. Up until last week I had one tiny Christmas tree and that was my only holiday decoration. While walking by the dollar section at Target I noticed a couple of dish towels that had jack-o-lanterns. I decided, with no hesitation, to purchase my first fall decoration. I immediately went home, hung them on my oven handle, and texted a picture to my boyfriend with the caption, "Aren't I festive?" It's the little things that get me excited haha.

This semester has been so much different than any one I have had thus far. While I do still have homework, I don't have anywhere near the amount that I have had for the last 3 years. I find myself sitting at home, having absolutely nothing that I have to do. It's also been good for me to be able to take more time for myself. Usually I am going constantly. But this semester I have been able to really take some time and relax. I can not tell you how good this feels. Now, if only my boyfriend were here.

That being said, I have noticed a huge difference in my attitude. It's amazing how much happier I can be when I am not exhausted and stressed out all the time. I've also been running. This, to me, is an attitude thing, too. Before when I would try to run I would always have excuses as to why I couldn't do it. I was too fat, too tired, too busy, too...ugly? Haha. Okay that doesn't make sense. But still. I had so many excuses. But now, I have successfully ran 3 days a week for 6 whole weeks. This is a big deal to me because usually I don't make it past the first week. It's so rewarding too. Not only do I feel healthier, I feel better about myself because I am doing it. All by myself even I am doing it. It's wonderful.

Hum. I thought I had more to talk about. I feel like this post was very jumpy. I get distracted easily. Sorry. Haha.

-Kristina

No comments: