Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Humph

I've realized over the past few days that blogging can be a good thing. I realize that it's been a long, long time since I've posted, but, I'm a college student and therefore very busy. One of my friends recently updated their facebook status with a link to their blog. After reading it, I felt not only encouraged, but inspired to return to blogging. And so here it is. My return to blogging.

I was thinking recently about how important this time of my life is. In college you make so many decisions that will effect the rest of your life. And they are not small decisions. Huge decisions are thrown at you every day. There is also so much happening that I know I will never want to forget. Which is another reason for this return to blogging. I want to remember this time of my life and everything that was important in it. So here it goes: Project Scrapbook. I've decided that is what I will name my blog. I have no where near the time that is necessary to make a real scrapbook. So instead this will be my virtual one.

I just finished my fall semester of my junior year in college. Because I will be graduating a little late, that means that I only have 4 semesters left. It also means that I have completed 5 semesters. I realize that means I'm over halfway done but 4 more semesters seems like so long. I just hope they all go like this past semester: super busy and therefore super fast.

A lot of things have been different this semester. I'm on the apartment staff, which I love. I quit band, which I miss. I changed my major, again, to elementary education, which I am excited about. And Lucas and I have become closer than ever, which is frustrating at times because I am even more impatient for marriage. Which brings me to something else. I read someone's blog recently about being patient for God's time. God will make the pieces all fit together eventually and it will definitely be worth the wait. Patience is something that I have always struggled with because I'm always waiting for the next thing. Tying patience to God's time is definitely something that I needed to hear and it's something that I plan on focusing on.

I think that's all that I have for now. I'm positive that I will be back.

-Kristina

No comments: