Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Break?

The second I got done with finals I immediately started thinking of things I needed to do: laundry, a serious apartment cleaning, buy books for next semester, and various other things. Then I realized that all of that stuff could wait, at least for a little bit. It's been such a long time since I've taken a real break. This semester was really long and really hard and I know it's just going to get worse next semester. Therefore, I'm going to try my hardest to truly relax. I will be going to Florida in a week and a half and that will definitely help me to not do anything.

I've always had trouble taking breaks. Or taking time to myself. Even when I do "take breaks" I'm doing something else. For instance, if I'm working on a paper, my break is to work on other homework. Sometimes I really do need to just stop. But, I hate feeling unproductive so I feel like I always need to be doing something. I actually did a little better this semester and took some time to read a few books throughout the semester. I think that this seriously helped with my stress so it's something I need to continue to do.

Part of my problem is I'm so goal-oriented. I see something I want, and then I work towards that. This is something else that messes with my patience. I don't understand sometimes why I can't have something if that's what I'm working for. Patience. Blah.

Okay. I'm going to go continue reading the Chronicles of Narnia. See, I'm breaking.

-Kristina

No comments: