Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Weekend Camping Trip

This past weekend I went on a camping trip with my family. Three things happened that I would like to share.

1. I hurt myself. Not that this is a surprise. I pretty deeply bruised my shin on my left leg and on my right leg splattered hot grease. It was a good reminder that I am not a camper. =)

2. I watched my family have a sentimental moment. If someone would have told me 5 years ago that my entire family would be sitting around the table and almost all of us start crying for a good reason rather than a bad, I never would have believed it. It's such an amazing thing to me to see how much my family has come back together. It's truly a beautiful thing.

3. I played guitar for our two song worship service on Sunday morning. Now, this isn't a huge deal, it was only two songs, but it was really encouraging to me that I was able to play guitar well enough that someone could recognize the song and sing along with me. I hope to continue playing so I can play more than two songs next time.

Now, on a completely unrelated note. Lucas and I have our save the dates. YAY. We're getting married in less than six months and that's kinda hard to believe. We're trying to get as much wedding stuff done as we can while he's here for the summer so we're really trying to push through things. We've also finalized our wedding party and our guest list. Oh, and we have a pretty good idea of what our centerpieces are going to look like. Things really aren't nearly as stressful now that we're just having fun with it instead of arguing about everything. We also picked our colors. I hope to get bridesmaids dresses picked in the next few weeks. We're really just moving right along.

I've started my summer tutoring job. Currently I have one student named Brooke who I absolutely love. We have a lot of fun and today after we finished our session she went up to her mom and was telling her how much fun we had. I just hope she's learning, too. She really is just struggling with spelling so we're going to spend most of our time working on spelling. Tomorrow I start with my second student who I believe is named Julie. I haven't met her yet so I'm not positive if that is right. Her mom said that she's not really struggling with math too much but she wants me to just work with her over the summer so she doesn't forget everything. It's nice having a cash only $10 an hour job.

-Kristina

No comments: