Sunday, May 1, 2011

The last few weeks.

Don't worry, I'll get to part three, but first I'd like to update on a few things that I've done in the past month.

The first thing was I bought a wedding dress. I cannot tell you how exciting that was to me. I haven't really been able to do too much wedding planning because I've been so busy with school so this was really the first big thing that I got to do. I can't wait until Lucas moves home soon so we can really jump into planning.

I accomplished something else on my bucket list. I did a sprint triathlon. I didn't do very well time wise but I finished and that was my biggest goal. I cannot wait for my next triathlon so I can improve my time. It was so much fun!

Yesterday I took 9 third through fifth graders on a camp out. This was a big deal for so many reasons. I had to drive a 15 passenger van, which wasn't so bad once I got used to it but it was very stressful at first. I was the only adult in charge of my kids, yes there were other adults there, but they were all worried about their kids. I had to have a cook out with all those kids. It was really important to the camp directors that we let the kids do as much as they could. So, it was a bit stressful stepping back and letting the kids try to start a fire and cook their own food. But, I did it, and we really only had two minor incidents. Kelcie rubbed her arms raw on a tire swing, and Kelcie got punched in the chest by another girl. Notice a trend here...Kelcie =) Overall, it was pretty fun. All of my kids were sad to go home and had a lot of fun. I also learned a lot more about these students. They are some really great kids.

And finally, I finished my fourth year of college. I'm fairly certain that I'll have another 4.0 this semester but it's possible that I will get one B. Still, it's been good. I'm thoroughly excited that I'll be graduating in 8 months with a GPA well over 3.5. It's been a lot of work, that's for sure.

I'll try to do part 3 this week.

-Kristina

No comments: