Wednesday, May 11, 2011

How I Met Your Father, Part 3

The Engagement

Lucas and I decided to get away for a few days over Spring break. So we decided that we would go to OKC and do some fun things there. A few weeks before we left I was so convinced that he was going to propose while we were there...however, about a week before we went I had lost all hope haha. I even told a few people that I was a little sad cause I had originally thought he was going to propose and it turns out he wasn't going to.

It started like most Sundays, I got up early to play my trumpet at church. I joined Lucas for second service. After church we left for OKC. At one point when we went to eat he paid for something and I noticed his wallet was in his side pocket of his shorts rather than h is back pocket. Little did I know it was because my ring was also there so he put his wallet there so I wouldn't be able to tell. He probably was a little nervous when I mentioned that I noticed haha.

Later that day we went to the OKC National Memorial. I had never been before and I was blown away by how emotional it was. Both Lucas and I left pretty upset about the whole thing. I even said, "We should get engaged to cheer ourselves up." It's funny now looking back at that. Sunday evening we went to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner. I was kinda surprised we were going somewhere so nice but didn't even think anything of it.

Eventually we made it back to our hotel for the evening. We were just hanging out watching tv when a David's Bridal commercial came on. I said something about how I hate those commercials and he said something like just be patient. I'm not exactly sure what was said. Then, he told me he was going to love me forever. And I was like oh is this the lead in to your proposal...(I sure was pushy haha.) Again he said something to the effect of just be patient.

After watching tv for a bit I got up to use the restroom. At this point it was getting later in the evening so in no way was I expecting what happened when I came out of the bathroom. Lucas was immediately outside the door, down on one knee, holding the ring that I had hoped for for so long. I couldn't even believe it. My first words were "are you serious?" He then asked me to marry him to which I replied yes! I don't really remember another time in my life where I have felt so overwhelming happy and at peace. It was so obvious to me that we were making the right decision in moving forward with our relationship. I love him. Tremendously.

Right After


My beautiful ring!


-Kristina

No comments: