Friday, December 31, 2010

2010: A Review

2010 has been a year of ups and downs. So many great things have happened. However, there have also been many struggles. I'm looking foward to 2011 not to start over and erase 2010, but just because I know 2011 will hold bigger and better things for me. I have no doubt that I will graduate in 2011. With this comes so many opportunities. I can't wait to see what God has in store for me. But for now, a review of 2011.

January: I started my sixth semester of college. That semester was probably one of the hardest and trying times of my life because of my French class. I struggled a lot this month trying to find out how I was supposed to make it through French, as well as maintain a real life outside of class.

February: This is the month that I got to teach my first full lesson to a classroom. It completely solidified my desire to be a teacher. It was very wonderful to completely feel like my life was on the right track.

March: I started guitar in March. After 8 months of lessons I quit because I don't have money for it. But guitar is wonderful. I felt so relaxed while getting to play. It was a really wonderful feeling. Music is definitely important to me.

April: I don't really remember April too well. I don't think anything to exciting happened then. However, this was around the time that Lucas started thinking about going to OSU. That was a really rough patch for me.

May: I finished my French class with a B. I can't even describe what a wonderful feeling that was.

June: This month I wrote a bucket list. It was something I had been wanting to do for a long time and I finally sat down and did it. I also completed a few things on it. Thanks to my awesome boyfriend. Number 28, shoot a bow and arrow:

July: I got to take one of the most awesome family vacations ever. My parents, my sister, Lucas, and I loaded up in the van and drove all the way to Las Vegas, stopping at the Grand Canyon and the Hoover Dam. It was an awesome trip and I thoroughly enjoyed it all. Lucas and I at the Grand Canyon:





August: I started my last normal fall semester. My next fall semester I'll be student teaching so I don't really count that. Lucas also moved to Stillwater. This was extremely difficult for me to handle at first but I think I'm getting slightly better. It's also getting harder and harder to say goodbye. The good news: There should be less than a year left of long distance. I'll be moving to Stillwater one way or another at the end of 2011. I also went on a road trip with one of my friends. We were Hanson groupies for a couple of days. It was a blast.

September: This month I got to start teaching fifth graders. I loved them even more than the fourth graders that I had the previous semester. I can only hope that I end up teaching fifth grade. It was such a rewarding experience and I loved every minute of it. I also met with the dean about one of my professors, not that it did any good =/. But I was happy that I at least tried to take a stand against her.

October: This was a huge month for me. I succeeded in running my first 5k Ever. It was absolutely amazing to do something like that that before I didn't think was possible. Crossing the finish line:

November: Thanksgiving this month was pretty fantastic. It was the first Thanksgiving in awhile that I was able to have my whole family together. It felt so right. It was wonderful.

December: This past month has had many ups and downs all on it's own. But the some of the best things were: I got a 4.0! Lucas came home for 3 weeks! Christmas!

That is all for 2010. Expect a post about my New Year's Resolutions later this week. I've really been thinking about them a lot and I'm excited to see how they turn out.

-Kristina

No comments: