Friday, January 1, 2010

Goodbye '09, Hello '10

Goodbye 2009!

Wow. What a year it has been. It's time for a review of my year. Followed by my resolutions for the next.

There were some pretty big life changing events this past year but I don't think others will see them as important. We'll see haha.

January: I decorated my first cake. Doing this showed me that maybe I could take that path with my life. I really enjoy doing it I just don't have time to fully devote myself to learning right now.



February: I had my second Valentine's day with my boyfriend, Lucas. I've never had two Valentine's days with anyone. It was beautiful. And I'm so glad I will get to spend the rest of my Valentine's days with him.




March: Around this time I began doing martial arts. I really really enjoy it and eventually when I have more time I will go back to it. I think it's an awesome way to stay in shape and learn self defense.



April: I made my first cake that I got paid for. It was for my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary. Also in this month I got the yellow stripe added to by white belt. =) That's as far as I got though =( The cake picture is crooked. But that's cause the topper wasn't pushed in all the way. So chill haha.



May: I finished my second year of college this month. This was a huge accomplishment because it meant that I was half done. Of course, since then I've had to add a semester. But that's okay. Also in the Spring '09 semester I had a 3.7 gpa. =) No pictures for this one.

June: I struggled through this month in my relationship with Lucas because we both knew I'd be leaving for six weeks in the middle of the month. However, while this strained our relationship, I think ultimately it helped it.



July: Throughout all of July I was in France. I have too many pictures to choose just one. But it was a good experience and it helped me decide that I don't really want to pursue French as a degree. So, I don't think it was a waste of time like everyone else does.

August: Again, no picture. This month was a rough month. Full of ups and downs. Me and Lucas went and saw Wicked. Which was incredible. But then we broke up. I think this break up was hard on both of us for different reasons but we eventually worked everything out. And I can honestly say that our relationship is so much better than it was before.

September: I got my second tattoo. I love it and I still love it. Which, it's always good if you continue loving something that is permanently on your body haha.



October: Shanna had her second baby, my nephew, Jamison Christopher. This baby was truly a blessing to the Watts family. They went through a lot to have him and it made me truly appreciate life a little more.



November: I had to spend a week away from Lucas while he was in Cozumel. Being apart always makes me realize just how much I want to marry him.

December: This past month has been busy. I really am over halfway done with school now. I only have 4 semesters left and I'm so excited to get on with school this next semester.



Hello 2010!

I have a few resolutions that I'm making this year. They are kinda more like goals, but that's okay.

1. I want to run a 5k. I know that's short, and I should already be able to do it. But I'm incredibly out of shape. So it's going to take a bit of work.

2. I want to run a 10k. I really think I can get the 5k done pretty quickly and then I'll start getting ready for the 10.

3. I'm going to work on patience. It's something I've always struggled with but I really would like to be better at it.



I think that's all. I am welcoming this new year graciously. I'm ready for a new start so to speak and a clean slate to work on. So, with that being said, Goodbye 2009, Hello 2010.

-Kristina

No comments: