Monday, June 29, 2009

Feeling a little homesick...

I'm beginning to feel a little homesick. I'm just so exhausted all the time and I would really enjoy my bed at home. I'd also like so McDonalds haha.

I think I'm exhausted all the time because it's exhausting speaking another language. It's exhausting having to pay so close attention to everything that everyone says just so you can understand.

I've realized over the past week that I'm like the only one here who is at such a low level. I've only had two years of French while other people have had more than 5. I feel like everyone just thinks I'm stupid because I don't talk very much, when really I'm just trying to keep up with the conversation. They don't understand why I'm so quiet. I'm trying to just not care, I know why, so who cares what these people think.

I'm really wanting to come home. A lot. But that's okay.

A couple of days ago we went to the beach. That was pretty fun. I actually enjoyed that day because it went so fast. When time goes fast I'm a happy person.

It's getting hotter here now. The first few days I was cold, but not now. It's 90 degrees but there's not air conditioner. And so when the wind isn't blowing, it's hot.

I had my first test today. I think that I actually did pretty well. I was surprised, because it was on about 100 pages of information. I read what I could but it's difficult to read that much in French in such a short amount of time. But it seemed to work nonetheless.

I really don't like my classes very much. My photography one is just difficult, so I can handle that, but the grammar one is retarded. We read poems and analyse them alot. I don't really see what that has to do with grammar. Like, she makes us talk about what the poems mean to us and stuff. And she doesn't have things very planned out. We spent 45 minutes of the 1.5 hour class time playing a charade like game because she didn't know what else to do. That was a little ridiculous to me.

Anyways, I don't really have a lot to say. I miss home. The end.

1 comment:

Lucas said...

hey baby.. you'll get to come home soon. it won't be long. and you will come home and know french so much better than when you left. and you'll be ahead of people at home. so don't worry so much. it will be okay baby.. i promise.

and pray some.. that helps too.

i miss you a lot.. and i miss home too.. i love you

i'll talk to you soon baby.

you're so beautiful